8.8.13

DIY VLuxury Lifestyle: Handmade jewelry display


Next week I am going to move to Amsterdam, so this why I did this do-it-yourself project for my jewelry. I have a bunch of jewelry, especially rings and I want to store them in a way I can see them easily. So I made this hand from moulding compound to put a few of my statement rings on. I absolutely love love love the result. It looks so fabulous!! It will be perfect for in my new room, which will have silver details. 

You need:
- Moulding compound
- Water
- Two measuring cups
- Plastic bowl
- Plastic glove (take a small size, your rings have to fit on the hand)  
- Scissors 
- Spray paint

Take one part of water and fout parts of moulding compound.

Slowly sprinkle the powder into the water and mix well.


Fill the plastic glove with the compound and hold it for about 30 minutes. After you can put it on a table, but wait till it cools down before cutting.

Cut the glove, so the hand can be removed from the glove.


This is how it will look like. 


Take the spray paint to give your hand a color. I used silver, but you can use any color you like.

This is how it looks after one time spraying, you have to do it again to see no color differences. 

The result


Are you going to make this DIY project? Hope you like it!

12 comments:

  1. OMG you make this look so easy! I was to the point after not having any luck with finding this in the store, to ask the people at the beauty supply store if I could buy one of their prosthetic hands off of them. Well.. PROBLEM SOLVED NOW, thanks to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried it twice and I used 2 different gloves size S and M but both gloves the fingers are to thick, so the rings won't fit the fingers :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used size S, but my rings are usually size L, so maybe that's the difference. To bad it didn't work out for you!

      Delete
  3. hee, hoe heet dat 'Moulding compound' in het nederlands, en waar kan je dat kopen!
    leuek blog en echt een geweldige diy dit!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Moulding compound' is gips, is te koop bij hobbywinkels. Succes!!

      Delete
  4. lets try it ;) you got mad skills girl !!!
    Jay <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. very stylish, well done! I'll put it in my next jewelry holders round up! :D
    You can see one my jewelry stand here if you like: http://matterofstyle.blogspot.com/2011/10/iconic-jewellery-holder-diy.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never saw it before! It is cute, going to make it for sure :)

      Delete
  6. what is molding compound??? Plaster aparis?

    ReplyDelete
  7. this pagethis article useful referencethis contact form Get More Infostraight from the source

    ReplyDelete